httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel R. Blair" <joeca...@realcoders.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problems with SSL All of a Sudden
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 19:47:18 GMT
On Fri, 23 May 2003, Paul Simon wrote:

> > The log files say absolutely nothing about the
> > current problem.  There is
> > NOTHING that says anything is wrong.. but, what log
> > file in particular are
> > you reffering to so I can perhaps inspect it and let
> > you know what EXACTLY
> > it says..
>
> I'm talking about your error logs for both http and
> https (if they are separate). it's hard to
> troubleshoot without any errors being logged.

my point exactly.  There are NO ERRORS in either the virtual host's
access/error logs nor the ssl logs for that virtual host.  That's why I
had to resort to the knowledge of the list to see if anyone knew what
could be causing this..

> > https://www.juke.biz address and given the https
> > prefix it comes right
> > back with a cannot connect to server...
>
> When I go there, I get a 504 (gateway timeout)

hmm... what would that mean?

> If you do a netstat -na do you see your server
> listening on 443?

I believe the answer is yes... here is a paste of the relevant lines of
output:

Paste of Output:

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:443             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

---------------------  END PASTE OF OUTPUT OF RELEVANT LINES -----------

I would assume this would indicate that yes, it is listening.. but.. I'm
not 100% sure if it's not responding online..

Thank you so much for your time and help on this matter.. btw, I'm not a
Unix newbie at all, so, if you need to know some more in-depth info, feel
free to ask.. I am however more used to Apache 1.3.27 (as we ran on my
last job's server) and now am taking on a pre-setup (by someone else)
Apache2 running on Red Hat installation using non-standard directory
structures, et al. and it's a nightmare to troubleshoot when I'm still
learning the environment.. Not to mention the fact that I'm a FreeBSD
guru, and a Linux/RedHat non-newbie, but non-expert.. so.. again, thank
you so much for your time in this matter, it means a GREAT DEAL to me.

Sincerely,

Danny

                           = Daniel Blair =