httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel R. Blair" <joeca...@realcoders.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problems with SSL All of a Sudden
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 18:50:47 GMT
On Fri, 23 May 2003, Paul Simon wrote:

> One user caused you to reboot the server? Had you ever
> rebooted the server without problems before this
> incident?

We have rebooted with no problems previously... and it wasn't "one user"
the boss said "Just reboot it and see if it fixes it rather than analyzing
log files, etc. we need it back up.."

> An expired certificate wouldn't cause your server to
> stop listening on 443. What do your server logs say?

The log files say absolutely nothing about the current problem.  There is
NOTHING that says anything is wrong.. but, what log file in particular are
you reffering to so I can perhaps inspect it and let you know what EXACTLY
it says.. or is there something I can do that would help you troubleshoot
it any further?  The site is:  www.juke.biz and when you try to login,
just type anything as user/pw, you can see it trying to post to an
https://www.juke.biz address and given the https prefix it comes right
back with a cannot connect to server...

Danny

                           = Daniel Blair =