httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Barrett <m...@daboyz.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ErrorLog/CustomLog/Piped Commands Q
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 17:57:46 GMT
Does anyone know why?  Should I worry about file locking type issues?  If the script is writting
to a logfile, won't this cause problems if both instances of the error script try to write
to that file at the same time?  It doesn't seem to be happening ever, but I really don't know
what that second script is doing at all.

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 01:35:21PM +0100, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> >     I've noticed that when the server starts up there are 3 of the
> scripts
> > starting, one for the CustomLog entry, and two for the ErrorLog.  Does
> > anyone know why this happens?  I can't imagine why it would start
> mutiple
> > processes for the ErrorLog.
>
> I've just tested this and it does the same thing here. I'd imagine
> Apache is hardwired to do this.

                Mike Barrett | Calvin: "May Contain Adult Situations?"  What
             mike@daboyz.org |          does that mean?
              www.daboyz.org | Hobbes: Oh, you know.  Paying bills.  Going