httpd-users mailing list archives

From ajay mangalam <ajay_resurrec...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] cross domain user authentication on apache
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 16:08:45 GMT
Hi:

I am trying to provide password protection for directories which are located in different
domain. One domain is on unix and the other one is on windows 2000. Right now I have got .htaccess
on both the domain for user verification.

The problem with that is that it pops the login box twice, one for each domain, even if the
login name and password is same for both the domain.

I am looking for some kind of directory protection mechanism such that the user has to log
in only once to access directories on both the domain.

Any help will be appreciated.