httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Barrett <m...@daboyz.org>
Subject [users@httpd] ErrorLog/CustomLog/Piped Commands Q
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 23:51:23 GMT
    I'm currently using a script to send my log output to a spread server, as well I have the
script logging the output to a file on the local server.  I'm doing this with both my ErrorLog
and my CustomLog file.

    I've noticed that when the server starts up there are 3 of the scripts starting, one for
the CustomLog entry, and two for the ErrorLog.  Does anyone know why this happens?  I can't
imagine why it would start mutiple processes for the ErrorLog.

    Any help you can give would be great, thanks.  BTW, I've included the config directives
I use below:

ErrorLog "|/usr/local/scripts/logscript /usr/local/apache/logs/mktplc_error_log"
CustomLog "|/usr/local/scripts/logscript /usr/local/apache/logs/mktplc_access_log" common

                Mike Barrett | Calvin: "May Contain Adult Situations?"  What
             mike@daboyz.org |          does that mean?
              www.daboyz.org | Hobbes: Oh, you know.  Paying bills.  Going