httpd-users mailing list archives

From Muhammad Nur Ikhwan Syah <e1alu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP installation problem
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 06:17:39 GMT
if you run the browser, the default apache
configuration will show the root of your web site
files you defined which you have to click on the php
files to execute it. But you can also "tell" apache to
execute  file e.g. index.php when the first time you
enter the your site. you can add the line in the
httpd.conf, search for "DirectoryIndex"

just add like this,

DirectoryIndex index.php

save the httpd.conf file, restart your apache, and go
to your site and apache will execute index.php
automatically, so you don't have to click it. it
doesn't have to be index.php, you can enter any php
file name you want.