httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jacob S. <stormspot...@6texans.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is my server an open proxy?
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 16:49:24 GMT
On Thu, 15 May 2003 11:24:27 -0400 Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 May 2003, Jacob S. wrote:
> > I've been told these hits mean someone's using my Apache as a proxy,
> > but I don't have mod_proxy installed. Is there another exploit I
> > need to watch out for, or is the fact that each hit is only 397
> > bytes indicating that it's a failed attempt to use my server as a
> > proxy? I've read the Apache documentation about proxys, but I want
> > to make sure there's not something I'm missing.
>
> See:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#proxyscan
>
> Joshua.

Ah, thanks. I didn't see that page when I was searching for proxy stuff
in the Apache docs and found the page for mod_proxy.

I checked and sure enough, my default domain's index page is 397 bytes.

Thanks again,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/