httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Collecting logfiles
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 09:28:09 GMT
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 11:20:30AM +0200, Thomas von Hassel wrote:
> We have several apache servers and each of them is naturally generating
> it's own logfiles. We want to streamline out logfile generation,
> storage and analysis. Is there an easy way to get apache to log to a
> remote host so all logfiles from the diferent servers end up on one
> central logginf machine ? ...i know you can do this with syslogd, but i
> havnt found an easy solution for apache.

There's a few options here.  As an earlier reply suggested, logging to
database is one option.  This can grow unwieldy if you're dealing with a
large volume of logs, however.  If that describes your environment, you
might want to have a look at mod_log_spread :

http://www.backhand.org/mod_log_spread/

Zac