httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jimmy McDonald <...@bsdshell.dyndns.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL pages broken on Solaris | Apache 2.0.45 ?
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 23:14:35 GMT
so there is nothing in your logs?
are you running the ssl server as a virtual server in your main config
file? if so are you doing virtual by ip or by name? ssl doesn't
support virtual by name. what kind of error is on the screen? did you
generate a server certificate? can you telnet localhost 443?

jm

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Michael D. Peters wrote:

> I have installed OpenSSL and everything seems to be fine. When I issue the ./apachectl
startssl command, it seems to run fine and I have a log entry that I believe is good: error_log:
Apache/2.0.45 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.45 OpenSSL/0.9.6i configured -- resuming normal operations

> I can browse to my pages like normal http://servername.domainname.com without trouble.
If I try https://servername.domainname.com it fails and if I try http://servername.domainname.com:443,
I just get a blank page.