httpd-users mailing list archives

From rui.w...@bt.com
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to use another folder as CGI folder?
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 11:16:25 GMT

Rui

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: 14 May 2003 11:52
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] How to use another folder as CGI folder?

This is correct. You should now be able to execute CGI progs with the
	http://server-name/my-cgi-bin/program-name

Is this the form of URL you were using?

>	<Directory "/home/harry/lbone-0.8.4/cgi/src">
>   		 Options All

This is OK, but the important Option is "ExecCGI".

>    		AllowOverride All

You don't need this unless you have a .htaccess file in this directory.
Do you? It would be a bit odd if you did...

>    		Order allow,deny
>    		Allow from all
>	</Directory>
>
>	AddHandler cgi-script .cgi pl

You don't need this if you are using ScriptAlias to define a CGI dir.
However, it doesn't do any harm.

>	Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

What does "doesn't work" mean? There are lots of ways a CGI request can
fail... Does it:

- 500 Internal Server Error
- 401 Unauthorized
- 403 Forbidden
- 404 Not found
- list the source code
- prompt you for a download
- make your computer explode
- something else....

while you're at it, what does it say in the error_log...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Any ideas?
>please help me ,
>I was blocked by this problem for two days.
>	Thanks a lot!
>
>Rui

views of the sender's company.