httpd-users mailing list archives

From WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems with SSL All of a Sudden
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 22:58:39 GMT

On Friday, May 23, 2003, at 05:41  PM, Daniel R. Blair wrote:

> On Fri, 23 May 2003, WC -Sx- Jones wrote:
>
>> Is there a CORE file laying around?
>
> mean?  Anything special in this case other than the standard reason
> for a
> .core file?

:)

What would your standard reason be?  I ask because ALL core files
should be considered with HIGH suspicion and saved as you would any
backup.  Especially in a business environment.

If my system at home core dumps, and everything appears to be working,
I delete it and shake my head while saying to myself "who knows..."  If
it happened at work I'll stick it on a tape I save just for that
purpose.  If something else strange happens then there is a history
which the primary vendor can use to analyze to make sure that
particular core file wasn't important and/or related to whatever
issue(s) we happen to be working on.

Is the Apache/Tomcat server working now?

-Sx-

http://insecurity.org/
  ('>    iudicium ferat
  //\   Have Computer -