httpd-users mailing list archives

From WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi & perl
Date Sat, 31 May 2003 23:46:22 GMT

> If so, when I open it it clearly states "You really shouldn't change
> these settings unless you/re a guru". I aint a guru so I stop at that
> point.

Been there - got that t-short.  All I can say is -

Build it yourself. Become a guru.  I've been playing around with Apache
since version .9 on AIX (1995) and I am still playing -- why allow
things to get serious?

When you are ready to ignore the "vendor" docs and jump in with both
guns blazing - post back here and I will help you.  And, I would hazard
that if I cannot there are MANY here that can.

Apache's community support is as good as, if not better than, Perl's
community support.

Many of the readers, posters, and lurkers here all started off as
newbies - OK, Rich didn't; but most of us did  :)

Cheers/Sx  =)

http://InSecurity.org/
  ('>    iudicium ferat
  //\   Have Computer -