httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Victor B. Gonzalez" <apacheusergr...@vbgunz.com>
Subject Re[2]: [users@httpd] Installing and configuring Apache2 to work with *Subst* Directories...
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 19:11:46 GMT
Hello Laurent,

>> An OS server helps to keep everything GPL and a subst drive helps to
>> keep everything in order across all or most win platforms.

LB> Ok, that's a good enough reason, sorry for my curiosity ;-)

LB> My first thought would be that there is no subst in the context in which
LB> apache starts. Is it installed as a service?

Yes. I manually installed the service ">Apache -k Install" and it
worked without problems or errors...

LB> What you could do is replace all occurrences of the subst directory by
LB> the real directory in your httpd.conf (easy with vim :-) and check if it
LB> works like that (to be sure your install is clean).
LB> Then, start changing all those occurrences back, starting with the less
LB> impirtant (the web directories).
LB> At least, you should get something in the logs, that could help.

I did manage to convert every path referencing the subst drive to map
back to its original location. At first it didn't work (I had to
uninstall the service) I reinstalled it, and started it... It works.

I really wish running Apache on a subst was easy... If not their no
doubt have to be a work around... Example: Setup Apaches conf to be
relative to itself and maybe look to the Z:/drive for something else?

I am really tired but will be back to work on this as serious as a
heart attack once my nap is up... Thank you for your time Blune. I
look forward to brainstorming on this one...

Positive! Thank you all very much :)

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

Apache_2.0.45-win32-x86-no_ssl
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1