httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Victor B. Gonzalez" <apacheusergr...@vbgunz.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Perl is so hard to install onto Apache, how, please help...
Date Sat, 31 May 2003 15:43:16 GMT
Hello Apache,

  On my old server Perl was a cinch. On Apache it seems I am faced
  with a world of trouble on my XP machine.

  1. Most scripts come with "#!/user/bin/perl" but my Perl location is
  "#!Z:/Apache/Perl"...

  Do I have to manually change the hundreds of pages with the
  "#!/user/bin/perl" to "#!Z:/Apache/Perl" or can Apache map it?

  2. Trying to apply ActiveState Perl 5.8.0 on Apache 2.0.46 proves so
  troublesome.

  I looked for close to an hour about how to install Perl onto Apache
  as the Active State web site seemed to lack the information and I
  found this website which seemed to be the most straightforward:
  http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/addcgitoapache.shtml

  I did as it said and from my standpoint I wish to run Perl from
  anywhere...

  1. AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
  (Uncommented, double-checked, done)

  2. Options FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
  (double-checked, done)

  3. Added index.pl and index.cgi
  (double-checked, done)

  Trying to run a Perl script returns a 403 Forbidden page... I've got
  Apache running on localhost:8080, Forbid me?

  For the fun of it I put a Perl script in the cgi-bin and accessing
  it returns 500 internal error? I double checked the setup and really
  can't figure out alone what I did wrong...

  Does someone have a hello world script to test Perl on Apache? I
  believe the only scripts I got are to test Perl form the command
  line... as they return either a 403 or 500 with Apache...

  Can someone please help me on this one. I spent my day yesterday
  configuring all of my php scripts to run flawlessly, had a little
  trouble but solved it on my own... Perl doesn't want to play nice
  though... Any ideas?

  Thank you very much for getting back to me on this :)

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

apache_2.0.46-win32-x86-no_src
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1