httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Request
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 16:05:32 GMT
On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 09:49, Molly E McClure wrote:
> Hi,
> We have been working for days and have not found a solution.  We have an
> urgent need for assistance with Apache.  Here is our scenario:
>
> We want to access two applications from a single Apache Server.
>
> The target URLs are:
>
> https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil/swm/
> https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil/hhgcnlr/
>
> The user can key-in any one of the following host/protocols:
>
> www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil
> www.smartwebmove.sd.fisc.navy.mil
> smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil
> smartwebmove.sd.fisc.navy.mil
> https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil
> https://www.smartwebmove.sd.fisc.navy.mil
> https://smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil
> https://smartwebmove.sd.fisc.navy.mil
>

> If the user wants the first application, swm, then they only need to use
> the URL.

  What URL? Do you mean an plain hostname or hostname/svm?

>  If they want to use the second, they are required to append
> /hhgcnlr

  This seems to imply my first suggestion.

  I must be missing something as I fail to see the problem.
  RedirectMatch ^/svm.*$ https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil/svm/
  RedirectMatch ^/hhgcnlr.*$
                        https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil/hhgcnlr
  (above line wrapped).

  You would need both rules defined in both your http and https hosts.

  HTH