httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Victor B. Gonzalez" <apacheusergr...@vbgunz.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to run Apache *without* writing to the registry or system drive?
Date Sun, 25 May 2003 22:28:49 GMT
Hello Apache,

  I am brand new to Apache and stood my distance because of the lack
  of a pretty good GUI for the Win32 systems.

  I just downloaded apache_2.0.45-win32-x86-no_ssl and plan on running
  it on an XP system. My question is, is it possible to run apache
  without ever writing to the C:\ drive and *never* requiring the
  registry to successfully run as secured as possible?

  My C:\ (System partition) never saves data on shutdown and once back
  up the C:\ drive is completely wiped and brand new. Nothing will
  ever get saved to it. I prefer it this way as I only choose programs
  which can run stand alone on my other partitions.

  I am just curious if Apache can run and manually install its service
  if necessary as I do log off and switch users. It isn't odd or
  uncommon for me to leave my PC on for weeks at a time.

  Thanks for any help on this :)

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

Apache_2.0.45-win32-x86-no_ssl
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1