httpd-users mailing list archives

From WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] how to install mod_ssl
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 16:28:11 GMT

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 12:13  PM, Eric wrote:

> why do you configure openssl if you don't use ssl?

I use SSL in my Perl network programming - the Internet is more than
WWW =)  I write SSL clients to speak with SSL servers - why use a web
browser when I can write a bot to surf for me?

BTW - The steps are relevant to getting the CA and signer working,
under Apache 2.0 you DO NOT install the mod_ssl package - you only need
the CA.pl and sign.sh scripts.

At this stage I feel you are only half way to your goal; please study
the SSL Apache 2.0 stuff further.

HTH/Bill

http://insecurity.org/
  ('>    iudicium ferat