httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron P. Martinez" <aa...@philngood.com>
Subject [users@httpd] directory structure (hopefully easy)
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 19:46:08 GMT
Hi,

I am just wondering if there is a 'preferred' method  or hierarchy rahter
for creating directories on apache.  I currently have about 4 domains that i
host, and i have set it up so that under my /var/www/html direcory, i have
directories aaa.com, bbb.com, ccc.com etc....

my default directory in httpd.conf looks like  /var/www/html/aaa.com

the problem comes when i try to reference something outside of the default
tree.  i.e.  when using squirrellmail with the secure plugin...it needs the
default path to the main server..and end result..it can't find the files it
needs.

I guess i just want to make sure i'm running apache in a "standardized"
manner, if there is such a thing.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron