httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mac Serve <macse...@ns.sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI Newbie Question
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 19:35:07 GMT
First of all, Apache on Mac OS X is all ready to execute CGI scripts.
You don't need any mods installed, because they are already installed
for you.
Second of all, as the admin of the server, like myself, gotta know a
few things about paths and such, and where the right place is to put
your CGI scripts to execute. Your DocumentRoot is
/Library/WenServer/Documents, and your cgi-bin is actually called
"CGI-Executables" in /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables. Your path to
perl would be /usr/bin/perl, unless you moved it somewhere else. :-)
Now I had a lot of trouble getting scripts to work for me, and still
are, but I found that some scripts have to be uploaded by FTP, even if
it is on your own system. What version of Apache does 10.2.5 have? I'm
still in the days of 10.2.4. I heard there was a bit of trouble with
10.2.5... some kernel Panics... anyways, if you just get a besic script
and drag it right into the CGI- Executable folder, and you to
http://your.url/cgi-bin/yourscript.cgi, it'll work!! Good luck man!!

Mike