httpd-users mailing list archives

From "vizion communication" <viz...@ixpres.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Error Logs
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 04:43:50 GMT

> >If you can't understand the docs, it is usually because
your level of
> >background knowledge is too low.

This seems to me to beg the question -- by whose standard?

And another question -- does this not sound like a well
rehearsed speech excusing poor documentation  -- I mean it
must be the user/customer/reader who is inadequate -- come
on <GRINZ> that one does not wash!! I have seen enough of
what you write to know you would not intend it this way but,
on reflection, can you see how such a response might be seen
as defensive and complacent?

Nobody is blaming anyone -- just stating facts -- good
documentation is written for people who are NOT programmers
or experienced sysadmins -- and be designed for who have a
genuine desire to become competent apache web server
administrators and to give those apirants a chance of doing
so BY reading the manual and applying the result.

David

David