httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chad Morland" <chad.morl...@inquent.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems with SSL All of a Sudden
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 20:50:32 GMT
>I would suggest to add a private IP address to the machine, and add
another
>host/router a private IP address and try connecting to any of the ports
>it, including SSL port, and than make sure that you can connect to the
>server.

This is obviously not needed as his ISP is blocking access to his SSL
port. If he can SSH into his box and access his page using regular HTTP
then why add confusion to the issue and screw around with NAT? All he
needs to do is have his ISP open up port 443 to his box which is
obviously being restricted at the router. This has not been done even
though Daniel stated that his boss had made sure it was done.

Rule #3456 If you want something done right... do it yourself! ;-)

-CM