httpd-users mailing list archives

From "vizion communication" <viz...@ixpres.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] level of docs (was Re: [users@httpd] Error Logs)
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 20:54:17 GMT
David orginally commented:
> > Let us keep this going on the basis that there is no
> > intention by anyone to insult or belittle the work that
is
> > done -- only a desire by people of goodwill to
constantly
> > improve what is available and this dialogue, to my mind,
> > forms part of that process.

To which Jeremy replied:
> Rather than continue this discussion, which is off-topic
and of little value
> to anyone,

And David interjects:
Obviously not to those who do not share your perspective --
I trust my correspondence shows more respect for your
opinion than you do of mine.

And Jeremy continues:
>I suggest that you dedicate your keystrokes to improving
the
> documentation in those areas where you find it deficient.
Maybe you can
> help.

And David further interjects:

Your suggestion was previously anticipated - perhaps you
might care to respond thoughfully  to the suggestion I made
at 10:43 a.m. -- some three hours before the email to which
I am replying.

Before Jeremy's further continuance:
> Your writing isn't half-bad;

Which earns another interjection from David:
If I was a little younger and more volatile I might have
take an opportunity to refer you to some respected works on
the art of polite condescension -- but

And Jeremy wags a finger while saying:
> it might even be good if you learn to
> curb your prolixity.

David concludes by saying:
as it is a free country I guess you are entitled to display,
as you choose, your own level of respect for others and
their opinions when they do not coincide with your own.

David.