httpd-users mailing list archives

From "vizion communication" <viz...@ixpres.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Error Logs
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 13:10:56 GMT

From: "Gordon Stewart" <gordon52@slingshot.co.nz>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 2:34 AM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Error Logs

> At 12:30 AM 5/7/03 Boyle Owen wrote:-

docs *first* and
> >post on mailing lists *later*...
>
> I do that - except the docs are written by an expert, &
he/she expects the
> end user to be an expert.
> (not enough explanations)
>

> > >Yes - Ive got modules/mod_rewrite.so Ok - How do I
'request' that
> >module ?
> >
> >I meant "request" at compilation time. If you have a .so
file then
> >that's OK; you must've requested it
(--enable-shared=rewrite
> >--enable-module-rewrite) or, since you are are on
Windows, maybe it was
> >already present in the distro you installed. Since you
have it, your
> >LoadModule line should work.
>
> Ive got that module...
>

> >The problem must therefore be with the syntax of your
rewrite directives
> >(casting these is not trivial...). Since this is getting
off the topic
> >of error logs, would you mind reposting your original
problem (use the
> >old thread if you like) but with some additional data:
> >
> >- what URL do you want to rewrite?
> >- what do you want it rewritten to?
> >- what *exactly* is happening (please don't say "it
doesn't work" :-)

> Ok - Ive edited my HOSTS file on my win 98, so that
> http://group.kwister.com goes to my server website (not
the main 24/7 live
> website)
>
> This works - I now see the HTML of the website on my
Apache server - Main
> website (My PC not an internet live seever)
>
> Now - I WANT :-
>
> when someone goes to group.kwister.com - I want a CGI
script to be activated

> eg http://www.kwister.com/cgi-bin/group/view.cgi (its only
on my PC now -
> not the main server as yet)
>

> >You might also like to activate the RewriteLog and see
what's happening
> >there. Check the docs for details....
>
> Yes - Ive checked the logs & the docs
>
> Ive got these two lines in the httpd.conf & re-booted :-
>
> RewriteLog "/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/logs/rewrite.log"
> RewriteLogLevel 9
>

> As yet - when I go to http//group.kwister.com - it still
shows the main
> HTML page - Not the CGI script.
>
> The actual rewrite codes ive got in my .htaccess file is
:-
> (not including the dotted lines)
>
> --------------------
> Options +Includes
>
> RewriteEngine On
> Options +FollowSymlinks
> RewriteBase /
>
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} group.kwister.com
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !cgi-bin/groups/view.cgi
> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ cgi-bin/groups/view.cgi [L]
>
> Ps - Ive checked the rewrite log file - NOTHING is shown
there (but the
> server does create one)
> Even though its level 9 - Which should log MOST / ALL the
errors/warnings

users-help@httpd.apache.org