httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jamie.Kerw...@benenden.org.uk
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Question about httpd.conf
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 11:38:23 GMT
I think you have set the wrong directive in the config file, it should be;

DocumentRoot /var/www

Rather than

ServerRoot /var/www

As I would image (correct if Im wrong) this changes where the httpd looks
for its' 'internal' files, ie config files etc..

Jamie

Jamie.kerwick@benenden.org.uk
ITS
Internal Extension : 5806
Direct Dial        : 0870 754 5806

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Gazzini [mailto:tomg@barzakh.co.uk]
Sent: 01 May 2003 12:36
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Question about httpd.conf

I've built apache 1.3.27 using the default file layout. Everything works
fine. I want to move my html files to /var/www so I add the following
directive to /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf :

	ServerRoot /var/www

I've already created an appropriate directory structure under /var/www.
However, httpd now no longer starts up, and the error_log contains the
following:

	fopen: No such file or directory
	httpd: could not open document config file /var/www/conf/httpd.conf

Does this mean that I need to have ANOTHER httpd.conf file under
/var/www/conf, in addition to the to the one in the standard location of
/usr/local/apache/conf ?

- Tom

************** E-mail Disclaimer **************

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is
received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying
to it and then delete the message from your computer.  Please note that any views, or opinions
presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of The Benenden Healthcare Society Limited.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any
attachments for the presence of viruses.  The Benenden Healthcare Society Limited accepts
no liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted by this email and its attachments.
The Benenden Healthcare Society Limited is regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA)
and is an Incorporated Friendly Society, registered under the Friendly Societies Act 1992.
Registered No: 480F.

The Benenden Healthcare Society Limited, Registered Office: Holgate Park Drive, York, YO26
4GG. Tel 0870 7545 700  Fax 0870 7545 821  www.benenden.org.uk.