httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jack" <j...@jrl.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Empty QUERY_STRING through gateway, but not local subnet
Date Sat, 10 May 2003 00:51:11 GMT
I am attempting to transfer my Web site from an old NT-based HTTP server to
Apache2 as delivered with Mandrake-Linux 9.1 (apache2-2.0.44-11mdk et al).
The gateway involved is SyGate 4.0, sitting on the same NT server as the old
Web server (192.168.0.1). I've set up a parallel Web server on the Linux
machine (192.168.0.5), and when operating on my own subnet (192.168.0/24),
my CGI scripts see all the GET data in QUERY_STRING, as they are supposed
to. However, when coming through the gateway from outside my network, the
QUERY_STRING variable is given to the CGI script as "" (null).

Is there something about allowing "http://.../cgi-bin/xxxx?x=x&x=x&x=x" GETs
from any address (as opposed to my subnet) that I'm missing?

Thanks -

Jack R. Lewis