httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Wagar" <ewa...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewrite/Alias for modperl
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 05:31:51 GMT
My current install of apache 1.3.27 with mod_perl 1.27 is:
Alias /perl/ /usr/local/apache/sites/default/eric/perl/
PerlModule Apache::Registry
<Location /perl/>
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlHandler Apache::Registry
     Options +ExecCGI
     PerlSendHeader On
     allow from all
</Location>

I'd like to have /perl/ be aliased to /usr/local/apache/sites/<site
name>/perl/
instead of /usr/local/apache/sites/default/eric/perl/.  I think I can do
what I'd like with rewrite, but I'd like to get opinions.

If any want to know why I want this is because I don't want to do an Alias
/perl/ or Alias /what_ever/ for each of the vhosts I have.  Thankfully, the
amount of vhosts is small, so I could do that if that's the best way to go.
Also, there are only two people who have access to the machine.

thanks
eric