httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <supp...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Page cannot be displayed.
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 23:42:08 GMT
> From: Divakar Satyanarayan [mailto:DivakarS@mascotsystems.com]
> Hi,
>
>  We have our application running on Oracle 9i Application Server & it uses
> Apache webserver.
>
>  Users of our application frequently encounter "Page cannot be
displayed".It
> is observed that at the instance when above message is dsiplayed , request
> doesn't reach server.
>
>  Any idea why this keeps popping up every now & then?
>
> Regards,
> Divakar

Of course, you need to replace the box that Apache is running on...

Next, when you post a message like that you must mention:
1. Which OS is Apache running on.
2. Which version of Apache you are running.
3. Do you have a firewall between the Apache to the Oracle server.
4. What modules are loaded and what modules are being used by Apache in your
application.
5.  What happens when you try to telnet the Apache port when this message
appears? Can you telnet it at all?
6. Does Apache run PHP, Perl, Java (mod_jk), etc.?

To get a specific answer you must provide specific information to analyze
the problem.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen