httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Gazzini" <t...@barzakh.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Question about httpd.conf
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 11:35:49 GMT
I've built apache 1.3.27 using the default file layout. Everything works
fine. I want to move my html files to /var/www so I add the following
directive to /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf :

	ServerRoot /var/www

I've already created an appropriate directory structure under /var/www.
However, httpd now no longer starts up, and the error_log contains the
following:

	fopen: No such file or directory
	httpd: could not open document config file
/var/www/conf/httpd.conf

Does this mean that I need to have ANOTHER httpd.conf file under
/var/www/conf, in addition to the to the one in the standard location of
/usr/local/apache/conf ?

- Tom