httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Wagar" <ewa...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.27 not loading index.shtml
Date Sun, 11 May 2003 19:33:58 GMT
I'll do that, but after I recompile Apache.  :)

I remembered that the domain I am looking at has its own access and error
log, where the main Apache has its own.  Oops, my bad.

After looking at access_log and error_log *instead* of
www.domain.com.[access,error]_log, I saw the problem.

[Sun May 11 10:43:32 2003] [notice] child pid 8395 exit signal Segmentation
Fault (11)

This is with and without php/frontpage loaded in.  My guess then is that
mod_perl is wrecking havoc on the daemon.  I'll recompile apache with it to
be a DSO, and load/play with Apache one mod at a time.

And, here I was thinking I was going crazy.  Instead, I was just overlooking
the most crucial part of all.  :)

Eric

PS  I'll write back when the recompile is complete...and hopefully working.