httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric" <n...@kiercorp.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Interpreting HTML pages with PHP
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 18:35:09 GMT
why not save the html files with the php extension.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Manjit Riat
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 12:27 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] Interpreting HTML pages with PHP

  Ok I have apache 2.0 with PHP and redhat 8.0 installed
  It working fine

  But I have couple of pages that have php and have a ..html extension ..
  So I added the following line in httpd.conf

  AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

  The site works fine in IE.. but when i open it up in Netscape I get a message dialog box
saying
  "You have started to download a file of type
  application/x-httpd-php ...."

  and there are 4 buttons that say more info, pick app, save file and cancel.

  When I press cancel the site shows up just fine..

  So now the question.

  Why am i getting the message dialog box to pop up ??

  THank You