httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nigel Brown" <nig...@enspireit.com>
Subject [users@httpd] requests and VirtualHosts
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 12:00:24 GMT
Dear list readers,

First of all, please accept my apologies for being clueless, but I have
been tearing my hair out trying to get this to work, and posting this is
my last resort.

I have a section in my config files as in the extract below (website
name and IP address changed to protect the innocent).

Everything is working fine for the locations that use the
weblogic-handler, which tends to steal all the URL requests. Now I know
that it's not surprising as it has been allocated the '/' directory so
everything would seem to default to it.
The documentation first of all tells me that the VirtualHost directive
overrides other conflicting entries in the httpd.conf file, and also
tells me that the Location directives are processed last of all, so I
can't seem to override those settings.

However... I need to set up the /squirrelmail directory so that it
fields all the connections under that alias folder, and allocates them
to the PHP pre-processor.

Of course, this mailing list is nothing to do with squirrelmail or
weblogic, but what I am looking for is the correct syntax or combination
of apache directives required to achieve the correct distribution of
requests that I am aiming to. I have been clutching at straws most
recently, by setting the handler in the squirrelmail Location to
default-handler (which returns the index.php file, but in the raw
unprocessed form. If I could find another handler that was more
appropriate I would use that. Is there a way to allow the normal apache
page type processing happen for a subdirectory like this?

Any ideas or thoughts on this matter would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Nigel

------ extract from httpd.conf follows ------

<VirtualHost 99.99.99.99:80>
    ServerName www.xyz.com
    ServerAlias xyz.com
    ServerAdmin webmaster@auction-locator.com
    DocumentRoot /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html
    User admin1
    Group admin1
    Redirect /admin
https://99.99.99.99:19638/webhost/services/virtualhosting/siteadmin?ocw_
login_domain=xyz.com
    Redirect /user
https://99.99.99.99:19638/webhost/services/virtualhosting/useradmin?ocw_
login_domain=xyz.com
    UserDir /home/virtual/site1/fst/home/*/public_html
    AliasMatch ^/users/([^/]+)/?(.*)
/home/virtual/site1/fst/home/$1/public_html/$2
    <Directory /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/>
        Allow from all
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
    </Directory>
    SetEnv SITE_ROOT /home/virtual/site1/fst
    SetEnv SITE_HTMLROOT /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html
    <Location / >
        SetHandler weblogic-handler
        WebLogicHost localhost
        WebLogicPort 7001
        Debug ON
        DebugConfigInfo ON
    </Location>
    Alias /squirrelmail /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/squirrelmail/
    <Directory /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/squirrelmail/>
        Allow from all
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
    </Directory>