httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <supp...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] CGI hangs on WinXP
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 19:52:23 GMT
Couple of things in a quick checklist:
1. do you have the shebang line pointing to your perl executable? (should be
like: #!c:\perl\bin\perl.exe)
2. try running http://localhost/cgi-bin/printenv.pl as a test, what's the
result? Do you see the environment variables?
3. which version of perl are you using? Is it 5.8x or 5.6x?
4. when you doubleclick on printenv.pl at the first time, you would get a
popup window: "open with.." choose the perl.exe that you have installed and
assign the checkbox that will associate the .pl extension to perl.exe, that
way you can try out your .pl scripts from the command line.
5. if it is possible for you, try installing any of the packages into
folders without spaces, such as c:\apache\apache2, c:\apache\perl or
anything similar, it might cause you troubles in the future and you won't
need to use " " when you enter folder's names.

All the best and good luck,
Jeff Cohen
Supoprt@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324