httpd-users mailing list archives

From "t-systems-fitz" <t-systems-f...@web.de>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache with my own libraries
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 12:54:05 GMT
Hello,

this is exactly, what I did with LDFLAGS=-R/opt/apache/lib ./configure
....But I also tried LD_RUN_PATH=/opt/apache/lib.
After compiling the same result, ldd shows the libraries, but by starting
httpsd same error in loading shared library.

btw:     gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)

best regards fitz

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 2:36 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] apache with my own libraries

An alternative to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, is to use LD_RUN_PATH. If this is set
at compile time, this path will be built into the binary. The advantage
is that you don't need LD_LIBRARY_PATH any more, the disadvatage is that
the binary is less portable - it won't run on a machine with the libs in
a different place (this was the point of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the first
place).
Some people have a strong aversion to LD_LIBRARY_PATH -
http://www.visi.com/~barr/ldpath.html
Rgds,
Owen Boyle
>In my
>environment the webadmins should be able to start the httpsd.
>So we use the
>suid-Bit (apache listens to a priviliged port). But if the
>webadmins sets
>LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the right path and starts httpsd, it
>doesn't work. It
>seems that the path-infos are not used by httpsd, because it
>starts with
>rootrights. I think this is normal, otherwise any user could change the
>LD_LIBRARY_PATH to his own libraries and this would have
>securityproblems.
>Do you have a solution for my problem???
>
>best regards fitz

l'activité boursière de la SWX Swiss Exchange
views of the sender's company.