httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jose Guevarra" <j...@iquest.ucsb.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Win2k server: apache service "run as user" can see main site
Date Sun, 04 May 2003 01:35:34 GMT
Hi,

 I installed apache 1.3.27 on a windows 2000 server as a service.  I
configured the service to run as a "domain guest" account.  There are 3
name-based virtual hosts configured one for the main site, another for an
old site, and another for a database front end.  When I run it as the
LocalSystem account everything works fine.  When I run apache as the domain
guest, the main site cannot be found. I look at the error logs and it says

[Sat May 03 18:21:58 2003] [error] [client 132.134.11.1] File does not
exist: d:/inetpub/old_iquest/

"D:/inetpub/old_iquest/"  this is the right document root.

If I to to the database site I get the same error

[Sat May 03 18:25:44 2003] [error] [client 132.134.11.1] File does not
exist: d:/inetpub/eqmi/

but if I go to the old site, it comes up fine.

I figure it is some sort of permissions problem but, I've checked the
permissions and they allow the domain guest read access and deny write. The
webserver is also a domain controller (Active directory) and doesn't allow
the user to login locally but, that doesn't seem to be the problem otherwise
it wouldn't be able to see the old site.

Basically, I don't see why changing the user is effecting 2 of the 3 sites.
That would seem to be a httpd.conf problem but, it works when using the
LocalSystem account.

can anyone shed some light here?

thanx,

Jose Guevarra