httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <supp...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Error Installing Apache... Real Newbieneedinghelp
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 04:14:46 GMT
To change a port that IIS is listening on, click Start - Programs -
Administrative Tools - Internet Information Services.
Expand the tree, right click on the Default web site, properties, click on
Advanced, and edit whatever settings to need (I would suggest going on port
8000 or 8080 which are not being in use by default by any other services).
That will at least allow to complete the apache installation.

Next, the questions will be:
1, Do you need the IIS running while apache will be running as well?
2. If so, would it make a difference for your application/program on which
port to run it?

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com