httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <supp...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] VirtualHost problems with Apache2 (redhat9)
Date Sat, 31 May 2003 22:17:24 GMT
By Defualt, Apache on mandrake comes with the _default_:80 and
_default_:443.
If tou want to use the Vhosts functionality in it, you must remove the
default or change it to name based Vhost.

One more thing, I saw that you have both  servername and serveralias which
are the same, this config is not suggested.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen

Iam moving my web server from 1.3 (redhat 7.x) to Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat
Linux) (redhat 9.0) but now I cant get VirtualHost to work.

Starting httpd: [Sat May 31 13:32:09 2003] [error] VirtualHost _default_:443
-- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not
supported, proceeding with undefined results

Cut and paste from my config

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
 ServerName blablabla.com
 ServerAlias blablabla.com
 DocumentRoot /var/www/html/
</VirtualHost>

What is wrong.. I compared my old config with the new for 2.0 and alot
changes I noticed.. But I cant see what iam missing..