httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Atholl Tomlinson" <ath...@techcharge.com>
Subject [users@httpd] DocumentRoot Bug?
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 21:38:35 GMT
Hi All

 I've trying to setup a relative path for the Documentroot directive so
that
 I can move the Apache install to a different drive or file location
without having
 to change the httpd.conf file.

If I use the absolute path everything works fine e.g. DocumentRoot
 "c:/apache/www"

When I try to set a relative path (Reletive from ServerRoot) e.g.
 DocumentRoot "www" the server starts but I can't see any pages.

According the the following text in httpd.conf this should work.
>If the filenames do *not* begin with "/", the value of ServerRoot is
>prepended -- so "logs/foo.log" with ServerRoot set to "c:/Apache2"
>will be interpreted by the server as "c:/Apache2/logs/foo.log"

I've tried this on Apache 1.3.27 and 2.0.43 running on Windows XP
Professional
I've also tried using an alias with a relative path on both Apache
1.3.27 and 2.0.43

Interestingly enough the alias on Apache 2.0.43 is the only one that
works.

As I said before everything works fine if I use an absolute path.

Am I missing something or should I log this as a bug?
Thanks
Atholl