httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <supp...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Unable to start Apache 2.0.45 without internet connection
Date Sat, 17 May 2003 14:30:09 GMT
OK, after you answered all the last questions that might be related to your
issue, I would suggest you to try and download a different compilation of
the Apache 2.0.45 binary from:
http://www.gknw.com/development/apache/httpd-2.0/win32/

and then let's check it.
If that won't work, we'll try and go to 2.0.4x back versions and see where
this error occurs.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Jeff@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com
GEJ-IT Networks!

I'll
> probably just give up and stick to Apache 1.3.27 for now.
> Maybe it just doesn't like Windows 98 without an internet connection.
>
> Thanks,
> David Hamilton

And
> try again.
> 2. Are you running McAfee (any version)?
> 3. Try using 127.0.0.1 as ServerName.
> 4. Did you try to bind Listen to any port other then 80? What were the
> results?
> 5. Do you have any permissions defined on this Win98 machine? Is it
Win98B?
> 6. Did Apache created any log files in its logs folder?
>
> Hope that will lead us somewhere,
>
> Jeff Cohen
> Jeff@GEJ-IT.com
> Tel. (416) 917-2324
> www.GEJ-IT.com
> GEJ-IT Networks!

10.10.1.6
> > > 1
> > > 127.0.0.0                        255.0.0.0        127.0.0.1
> > > 127.0.0.1       1
> > > 224.0.0.0                        224.0.0.0        10.10.1.6
> > > 10.10.1.6       1
> > > 255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255      10.10.1.6              10.10.1.6
> > > 1
> > >
> > > I only use Ethernet connections, so I don't have the dial-up
networking
> > even
> > > installed on any of my machines.
> > > I also made sure that Apache 1.3.27 was not running at the time, and
> > > retested with the same results.
> > > However, when I start Apache 1.3.27 up, it works correctly every time
> > > without an internet connection, which is the strangest part.
> > >
> > > Does anyone else running Windows 98 get a similar problem if they
start
> up
> > > Windows 98 without an internet connection and try starting Apache
> 2.0.45?
> > > I've just switched back to working with Apache 1.3.27, but I had
really
> > been
> > > hoping to use Apache 2.0.45.

Therefore.