httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sander Holthaus - Orange XL" <i...@orangexl.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] desperate please help
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 12:55:33 GMT
First of all, there a big difference between a hub, router and a switch. How
many ports does your router have? Most routers have built-in switches, not
HUB's (Hubs are not a good idea in general, ESPECIALLY if you have a server
up and running).

To configure, you need to install the router, and log in to a PC behind it.
Make sure that the PC is configured with DHCP. Then log in to yout router
with http://192.168.0.1/ . This is absolutely neccesary.
After that, you need to configure your router, because it will usually not
allow you to run a Webserver out-of-the-box.
Last, you'll probably need to change your httpd.conf so that it will not
listen on your original IP anymore.

Kind Regards,
Sander Holthaus.

-----Original Message-----
From: CJ [mailto:cherryo@localnet.com]
Sent: vrijdag 9 mei 2003 12:39
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] desperate please help

I just installed a netgear cable/dsl wireless router to share internet
access with another comp. I have apache 2.0.44 installed and running win xp.
Before I installed the hub the internet was able to connect to my domain
name cherrysplace.com fine. And my ip address was 24.105.197.156 Now after
installing the hub nobody can access my website and it is giving me a
different ip which is 192.168.0.1. I am using no-ip as a redirect for my
domain name to use with apache and with the hub installed it is telling me
that my ip is 204.xx something or another. I had to unplug the hub to get my
old ip back and my site works fine again. Please help, I cannot figure how
to configure this with the hub installed. I am not having problems with the
netgear at all, when it was hooked to both comps, we can both access the
internet, I am only having problems with configureing my ip. thanks