httpd-users mailing list archives

From "craig franke" <craig.fra...@harlingen.tstc.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] need sugesstion...
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:36:08 GMT
As in allowing them to save them to the hard drive of their system?
>From personal experience, I can tell you that there is really no
effective method to prevent users from doing this.  If you use
Javascript to block right clicks for instance, the user just has to
disable javascript to get around it. Plus most browsers cache images
anyways.

You can make it a pain for them to save images but can't really prevent
it completely. [And I always get a good laugh when someone tries on a
site I visit though most have given up on that idea :)]

>>> system@eluminoustechnologies.com 04/24/03 08:28AM >>>
Hello All,

Is there any way I can block users from downloading images,

Thank you,