httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Errors
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 08:00:15 GMT
Albert E. Whale, CISSP wrote:

>Gary Turner wrote:

[...]
>>The next line probably has the same path, no?  Do the named files exist
>>at the location?  In other words, does
>>
>>/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so
>>
>>actually exist?
>>
>Yes, in fact they do, and I have verified this.

OK, this is good.

[...]
>Is this one relevant?
>http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/14640/fid/559

Looks interesting (more below).  Not something I've run into, so can't
judge the relevance.

[...]
>Since I am trying to compile the PHP Module I will verify that I am not
>actually shooting myself in the by loading the module in the httpd.conf
>prematurely, however this is not the error message in the start command.
> I realize that it is easier to seek out the KISS (Keep It Simple
>Stupid), and I'm not trying to seek out Pink Elephants, but this server
>is new to me, and has not been maintained since it's installation 5
>years ago.  Do you see Pink Elephants?

When you hear the thundering herd, and you see the hoof prints, you
should eliminate the possibility of "horse" before thinking "zebra."
That said, "For some reason, even though LD_LIBRARY_PATH was being set
properly, it wasn't being read fully" might point toward zebra.

>>I doubt that all modules are buggy.  That's why I'm staying with the
>>possibility of something like path error until proven otherwise. :)

Since you have verified the existence of the file and that it lives
where indicated, I will abandon this point.  I have nothing more to
offer.

If you do not find the cure, you might repost with a more descriptive
subject line.  The better subject will be more likely to attract the
interest of the clueful ;)

Good luck
--
gt           kk5st@sbcglobal.net
The advice is free, and worth every cent.