httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mod rewrite question
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:51:41 GMT
* Tim wrote:

>> - What does "root"-<Directory> mean in this context?
>> - You're missing a RewriteBase directive.
>
> in my main httpd.conf i have
> DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/BigApache/Apache/htdocs"
> <Directory "C:/Program Files/BigApache/Apache/htdocs">
>   AllowOverride AuthConfig
>   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
>   Order allow,deny
>   Allow from all
>   AddHandler type-map var
>   AddHandler server-parsed .html
>   DirectoryIndex index.asp index.html.var index.php index.php3
>   RewriteEngine on

# Add here (needed in this context):

RewriteBase /

>   RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ 404.html [QSA,L]
> </Directory>
>
> but i would like to move the rewrite rules to a .htaccess file instead of the main file
so that i can set different values for
> different folders.
>
>> What does it mean? 500? 403? Crash?
>> Which version of Apache do you use?
> i'm using Apache/2.0.44 (Win32)
> when i go to the folder in my browser i get Error 500

Well. First it would be interesting what the error log says ;-)
Second, it would be helpful if you'd update to 2.0.45. Especially for
windows (in fact all non-unices) some bugfixes were made in mod_rewrite,
which make the life much easier and some problems better to solve.

nd
--
die (eval q-qq:Just Another Perl Hacker
:-)