httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Errors
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 22:27:43 GMT
Albert E. Whale, CISSP wrote:

>Thanks for the attempt Gary, but this does not appear to be a
>configuration issue.
>
>I tried to comment the lines out for you, but the line number just
>points to the Next AddModule Statement in the Configuration file.

The next line probably has the same path, no?  Do the named files exist
at the location?  In other words, does

/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so

actually exist?

>also tried to modify the Statements to me Fully Qualified Pathnames,
>instead of Relative Directory pathnames.

Mmm, from your original post, I inferred absolute addresses.

>I found a reference on the Web which indicated that something similar
>was a bug in the code.  I'm referring to

For best results, you should reference the URL for other eyes.

>Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so into server:
>ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
>/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so: symbol
>ap_os_is_path_absolute: referenced symbol not found
>
>I still appreciate the effort.  Thanks, but I feel that there is
>something else a muck here.

I suppose that is possible.  I would, however, first be sure that your
LoadModule statement points to the *actual* location of the mod_*.so,
and that the given *.so exists.  Again, since your install is not FHS
compliant, I have not a clue where to look.  A compliant location for a
locally compiled app's shared objects would be under
/usr/local/lib/apache||http/1.3||2.0/

I doubt that all modules are buggy.  That's why I'm staying with the
possibility of something like path error until proven otherwise. :)

For best results in finding answers, check out these URLs:

gt           kk5st@sbcglobal.net
The advice is free, and worth every cent.