httpd-users mailing list archives

From noel.jean-bapti...@courrier.uqam.ca
Subject [users@httpd] apache connection to tomcat not understand all
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 20:08:11 GMT
Hello,

I have Apache which listening port 80 and tomcat 8080 and i have the
context "ecs" which is protected for a protected connection ssl  and I
have the context "martin".
Thus I can make:
http://localhost:8080/martin
or
http://localhost:8080/ecs and I am redirected automatically on
https://localhost:8483/ecs
up to now all is normal...
My small questions...
As Apache listens on port 80 and is connected to tomcat via mod_jk, I
will have to be able to launch these URL without specifying the port?
http://localhost/ecs
or
http://localhost/martin
Isn't it?

Also i do not understand my file server.xml :
I was defined only one service:
< Service name="Tomcat-Standalone "> with three connectors, HTTP,
https, and AJP13:
<Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
port="8080" redirectPort="8443" ...  >
<Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
port="8443"... >
port="8009" redirectPort="8443" ...  >

I wonder , connector AJP13 should not it be in a different service, by
definition the service tomcat-standalone means that tomcat works
alone, therefore it's appears illogical that a connector like AJP13
which  connect apache and tomcat is in a service standalone!
But it seems to work whereas i'am obliged to specify port in url.

Thank you for your explanations...