httpd-users mailing list archives

From Per Jessen <...@computer.org>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: mod_autoindex and ssi?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:41:07 GMT
Joseph R Loegering wrote:
> On 12/Apr/2003 17:00:52, Per Jessen  wrote:
>> has anyone managed to get SSI to work in the header/footer included by
>> mod_autoindex (when specified)?
>>
>> I'm using a footer.html file which has some SSI directives, but it
>> doesn't get processed as SSI. I've got SSI enabled by default, and
>> .htaccess is not killing it.
>>
>> /Per
> Hi!
> I have several different sites that each have their own header.html and
> footer.html that is included from their home document directory to any
> document that has <!--#include file="header.html" --> or <!--#include
> virtual="/header.html" --> by adding a "/" in httpd.conf. ReadmeName
> /footer.html HeaderName /header.html By using <!--#include
> virtual="/header.html" --> and <!--#include virtual="/footer.html" -->in
> my error include top.html every site uses their own header and footer for
> the same error messages. I don't know if that is what you needed, but hope
> it helps. Joseph

Hi Joseph,

well, what I'm looking for is to have e.g. a footer.html, which is included
by mod_autoindex (when identified by a HeaderName directive). The
footer.html would for instance have a <!--#printenv --> line, which I would
expect to see print the environment.
What I see looks like footer.html hasn't been processed as SSI. The printenv
is just left as a comment.

/Per Jessen, Zurich