httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sulka Haro <su...@sulake.com>
Subject [users@httpd] exports.c compile problems solved
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 10:08:38 GMT

Hi!

I found the cause of the Solaris 8 compile problems I had.

If the path to Apache source has a symlink, the code that generates exports.c
uses both the absolute path (symlink parsed out) and the path with the symlink
during the generation process. The end result is that some files (namely apr
stuff) is included twice into exports.c.

You can replicate this by downloading the source, decompress the source, then
symlink the source "ln -s httpd-2.0.45 httpd", "cd http",
"./configure", "make".
The make fill fail and complain about duplicate apr symbols in
exports.c. If you
look at exports.c, you'll see all apr-related files have been included using
both the "httpd-2.0.45" and the "httpd" paths.

If you are bit by this, make sure you're compiling the source in a
directory that has a "straight" no-symlinks path and make sure your
shell is using that path when you start configure.

sulka