httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_ext_filter question
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:01:41 GMT

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Jimmy McDonald wrote:
> If I wanted to add another change should I do it something like this:

> SetOutputFilter fixtext, fixtext2

It's actually
SetOutputFilter fixtext;fixtext2

This is documented here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#setoutputfilter
Although there aren't any examples with multiple filters, so you need to
decipher the "syntax" line.

A couple notes:

1. As I mentioned before, mod_ext_filter will significantly slow the
server.  If you can afford that, there is no problem.

2. You should try to combine your filters into one if at all possible, in
order to minimize the forking that apache will need to do on each request.

Joshua.