httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] complex question
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:41:48 GMT

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Jimmy McDonald wrote:

> How would I go about implementing a script
> that the apache server executes on everything
> it passes to the browser so that it scans
> for certain patterns and rewrites them before
> the browser gets them?
>
> I am thinking something with a
>
> RewriteMap foo prg:foo.pl
>
> I'm not sure how to write the Rule though.

No, mod_rewrite deals only with urls, not content.  The answer is
essentially the same as the answer to this question:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#footer
Although, if you are using 2.0, you can also see mod_ext_filter as another
option.

If you are handling any serious amount of requests, however, you will want
to do this as an apache module, rather than a cgi script or ext_filter
program.

Joshua.