httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Securing Images!!
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:13:05 GMT

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, System wrote:
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$

> I restarted apache but still dosen't work!!! I can access the Image directly
> through the Browser!!!
> Where should i put the ReWrite Statements???

The line quoted above says to allow through blank referers (as is the case
when you type the address in the URL bar).  Without that line, you will
block any browser that has disabled the Referer header.

There is no perfect way to do what you want.  It is relatively easy to
prevent other sites from in-lining your images, but it is almost
impossible to prevent people from directly accessing your images.

Joshua.