httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] http1.1 with apache 1.3.6
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 00:49:13 GMT

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Apache Apache wrote:

> Thank you for the reply and advise. However after enabling the said settings
> on my browser, I am still able to browse the company's various Intranet
> websites. Upon checking the access logfile, I found that it  captures
> response such as "GET http://www.company.com/main/logo.gif HTTP/1.1". Does
> this mean that it works???

Strange question.  If you can get the pages, that obviously means that it
works.  Should you expect it to work consistently?  No.  Does it mean that
Apache 1.3.6 is an HTTP/1.1 compliant proxy server?  No, it doesn't, and
it isn't.  HTTP is backwards compatible on minor version numbers, so just
because the request says HTTP/1.1 doesn't mean it is using 1.1 features.

Joshua.